Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crisis Diverted

Bob has gone away for the weekend, a much needed break for him. However, life still goes on. Nothing stops, not even the drama that comes along with teenagers. Hilary and I went to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 on Friday, we loved it. Saturday she went to work and then met me at our cleaning job. She asked if I had seen her wallet. Of course I hadn't so we double checked the cars and had Evan check at home, nothing. On our way home to look some more I finally asked her outside of her license, what did she have in it. Only her ATM card and about
$100.00. We get home, no wallet. The only option left, the theater. What were the odds. I finally get ahold of a number to speak to a person, after describing the wallet and repeating her name about 5 times, wallet FOUND! Thank you Jesus! Crisis number one, diverted.

The kids went to play Capture the Flag. I get a phone call Saturday around 10:30p.m. from Hilary, her trunk won't close. Luckily they were in the Infalts neighborhood and Dave was home and helped to bungee the trunk shut (as shut as it would stay). It worked for the night but she can't continue to drive around like that, so Hilary and I took our massive car knowledge this morning and attempted to fix the trunk. We first lubricated the lock, now it actually popped but it still wouldn't grab and relock by itself. Next brilliant idea, rig it. We thought if we could put a screw in it to help it grab ahold of the bar and lock. It kind of worked. One problem, one bump and it would pop open. Next idea, tape. Maybe it just needed more to grab ahold of. Nope, didn't work. I finally figured out how to pull her back seat down and that enabled Hilary to lock it from the inside using the ingenious paper clip and screwdriver. Crisis number two, diverted.

1 comment:

Judy Gregory said...

That was hilarious. Great work! Thank you for a great birthday weekend my friend. I love you guys dearly.