Friday, January 1, 2010

It's Been Awhile

I haven't updated my blog in ages. Life has been crazy but when isn't it. So much going on, Evan and Amanda are having a boy. His name is Dominic Scott and he is due on February 19, 2010. They had a 3-D ultra sound done, the pictures are amazing, it's like we have met him. I can't wait to actually hold him. Zach is half-way done with his senior year, where did it go. Hilary is loving life at the Bee Hive Salon. She has also met a young man and is very smitten, we shall see where it goes.

Monday I start babysitting. I have given up the bulk of my cleaning so I can be at home to watch the Therisa and Dominic while Evan and Amanda are at work and school. I still needed to replace some of my income so I will also be watching Josh and Dee's little ones. This should be fun, another chapter of our lives to be written.

In addition to keeping my offices to clean, I kept one of my residential homes. This decision serves two purposes. The first is, my client needs someone that can be trusted. He has a form of autism and is very functional however, he leaves money and bank account information all over. The second is, I have joined a new gym (in addition to Fitness USA). Crazy, I know. I tried this on a free pass, I never thought I would like it. I was surprised to find out that I do. It's truely one of the hardest things I have ever done. After each workout a new body part decides to hurt. The first 5 minutes of the workouts are harder than 2 hours at Fitness. There are moments that I wonder, what was I thinking?!! On top of that, Lori (the owner) wants me to try eating ONLY whole foods, this also means no dairy, for 30 days. For most this doesn't seem so crazy, for me I'm like are you kidding? I wish I liked veggies but I don't (not many anyway). Crazy enough though, I think I am going to try it. If I fail, I fail. If I don't...even better. I can do anything for 30 days, right? Of course, right. To date I have lost about 35 pounds. I have a way to go but for now I will take it.

3 comments:

Judy Gregory said...

So very proud of you my friend!

Karen McFarland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen McFarland said...

Next time your in town you should go to Punch with me. You, oddly enough, would love it!