Saturday, January 30, 2010

4 More Days!

I have 4 days to go in my 30 days of whole foods. In the last 26 days I have made 5 pounds of chocolates and 11 cake mixes, 3 different kinds of whipped frosting, and used 4 cans of regular frosting (all for the baby shower) and haven't even licked my fingers once! I have to admit that was a little tricky but not impossible. I am super surprised that I was able to do this and even more so that I am going to keep it incorporated into my daily diet. I am just going to integrate a few things back in and also allow for a few treats every now and then.

I went shopping for new jeans today because the ones I bought a Thanksgiving are getting loose and the ones that used to be to small are now just to big and need to go. The exciting part is that the new ones are one size smaller than the ones I got at Thanksgiving! Yay!!! To date I have lost 45 pounds and I am 2.2 pounds away from my first goal. I have to say...this feels good.

Friday, the 5th I turn 40 and who knows, may our little Dominic will be here by then. I hope so! How would you ever top that as a birthday gift? I don't think it can be done...come on little Dom, you can do it.

4 comments:

David M said...

That'd be crazy if Dominic is here by Friday. I mean, I know she's due any day, so you never know! :)

Ps: Would you be willing to help me out with a diet? And I mean diet in the very literal term as "a particular selection of food, esp. as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease." I really want to eat healthier, but not go vegan or anything; I'm just not sure what to do/where to go.

Karen McFarland said...

Sure...I can give you some suggestions. I am not interested in going vegan either. If you want to come over and hang out Friday you are more than welcome. Evan, Therisa and myself and the little ones are going to McD's so the kids can play.

David M said...

Yeah, I'll definitely be there. Do you know what time would be best? I literally have NOTHING going on.

Karen McFarland said...

We will probably go to McD's about 11:45 (I have to get Vito first). You are welcome to come over whenever :)