Sunday, May 2, 2010

Enjoying The Journey...?

This past week I have to say was extremely hard. I wasn't "enjoying the journey" that God has me on with my weight loss. To be completely honest I was quite miserable. Typically I make it to the gym 4 times a week and do pretty well with staying on track with my food. The previous two weeks I had not been completely on track with my food and had only been to the gym 2 to 3 times during the week. This may not seem like a huge deal but it apparently for me, it was.

I guess I made progress with the battle that goes on in the mind. I was so discourage with myself that I hadn't been as good as I should have that I kept beating myself up about it. It was completely interfering with everything and I do mean everything. My thoughts just weren't clear. After one horrible workout, one that was a bit redemptive and three days of eating on track the break through came.

Here it is, I didn't like the way my "bad" behavior made me feel and I needed to change it back. I needed to be back on track, I need to keep pushing forward in my "journey". So far it seems like, what, this is a break through? Yes, yes it is. Here's why, previously if I had been bad for two weeks and proceeded to beat myself up about it, I would have continued to spiral downward. I would have quit exercising and kept eating wrong foods. Not this time. I truely didn't like the way it made me feel. I absolutely love the way I have been feeling with eating better and exercising regularly.

I know this is not the end of the battle but I am so glad to have won this one. I pray I won't forget what I learned.

No comments: