Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who Knew

Bob took Hilary's car to have the adjuster look at it from the accident she was in before Christmas, it was not her fault this time and no one was hurt. We were hoping that it would be totaled and with the value of her car we were pretty sure it would be. She has no heat and it is loud, not muffler loud but loud, we don't know what's wrong with it. All I can say is, it runs. Well, it is better than totaled. There was a little over 1400.00 worth of damage and they are just sending us a check and we can either get it fixed or not get it fixed. We are not getting it fixed. We also get to keep the car with a clear title because it is not totaled therefore we can sell it. We are not fixing the damage because it's all cosmetic, and we are selling Hilary's car (not for a lot but enough). Between the two she will recoup all the expenses this car has cost. She is ecstatic!

When the accident first happened she was actually grateful that she had been hit as opposed to someone else. Sounds weird I know but she said if the van had hit someone else they would have been further on the bridge, which was a sheet of ice, and at 40 mph someone could have ended up in the river. I am still not used to my children driving (4 years later), I pray more when they are on the road and am so thankful that God keeps His loving arms around them.

Who knew what a blessing this would have turned out to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am never letting my kids drive. :)

Karen McFarland said...

Good plan...I wish I could have figured out the ligistics of not letting them drive.