Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One of My 5 Star Girls

I went to 5 Star today even though I seem to have caught this nasty sickness that has been floating around my family. I am so glad I did. It was our last one for this season, awards were handed out and all my girls were there. I have 8 girls in my group, 6 of them I had last year. They are all wonderfully enthusiastic. I also have a faithful group of girls who like to do crafts, I am learning all their names trying to anyway. It always seems as if time goes by so quickly that we hardly have time to talk. When we do talk it's amazing the things you learn. I am so amazed at the things these girls face on a day to day basis. Today I learned that one of my girls lost two grandparents this week, on the same day. They were both her mothers parents. One passed away Monday morning, the other passed away Monday evening. Carrie is the embodiment of joy. She knows Jesus and it definitely shines through all she says and does. In spite of the tragedies in her family this week, she was at 5Star. Not only was she there but she was her usual joyful self. I just wanted to say, Carrie is an amazing young lady and I am so glad she is one of my girls.

No comments: