Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just an Update

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, so has the company we had. I really do love the holidays. I enjoy hostessing, cooking and yes even cleaning. My parents came in town, my mother-in-law even came over and stayed the night. We also had several friends over for the day. It really was a good day. One of my favorite parts of the day is going through the sale ads for Black Friday. It's a process that takes all day, off and on. On the last go through I pretty much map out the shopping day. All three kids, my dad, my mother-in-law, and myself got up and hit the stores at 4 a.m. We love doing it! We did get some amazing deals. I got a knife set that was originally 170.00 for 30.00. Hilary got a pair of winter boots and a pair of shoes for 12.00. Those are just a couple of super deals we were able to get.

Now I am slowly getting ready for Christmas. We are going to my parents for Christmas this year. My nephew will even be around at some point near or even on Christmas. I have found that the cold weather and snow are a bit depressing. I could honestly live where it never snowed and cold was 40. I came up with a small sewing project to keep me busy in the off times. I enjoy sewing but my skills are minimal so we shall see how things turn out :)

No comments: