Friday, March 12, 2010

Never Goes as Planned :)

Therisa was sick yesterday so Amanda stayed home with the kids. Which means day 1 has been pushed back a week. On top of that I have been sick the last few days so due to an extremely sore throat and head congestion I did not make it walking/running yesterday morning either. I did go walking later in the day and of course got rained on. Oh well, better luck next time, right? Hopefully in a week all of the sickness will have passed and we can just move on.

Today was pretty exciting, to me anyway. I went to Free Style Friday (at Punch) this morning and did something that I have not been able to do up to this point. It was the loops! Granted I have moved from not doing them, to actually putting my feet in them, to holding my body while my feet are in them, to today where I could actually hold my body and move my legs (at the same time)! If you don't know what the loops are here goes my best effort to describe them. They are like a gym rope, they hang from the ceiling and stop approximately 1 1/2 to 2 feet off the ground. At the end of the rope (hanging above the floor) are the "loops". Imagine yourself on your hands and knees, then take each foot and place them in the loops behind you. Now lift your knees off the floor, so you appear to be in the push up position but your feet are not on the floor but rather in the loops. Now do mountain climbers or pull your knees to your chest...that's what I was finally able to do this morning! Yay me! Granted I had to take momentary breaks during the 1 minute intervals but non the less I did it! As time goes on, breaks won't be so necessary. Progress, just need to keep making progress. I also got to flip the big tractor tire this morning...don't know why but I LOVE doing that! It's just fun!

No comments: