Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tough Times Hitting Home

In the last 5 days I have heard of 3 people in close proximity to me who have been laid off or are out of work completely. My Evan was laid off on Friday. He is a helper in the Union for Plumbing and Pipe Fitting. They have apprentices who are "sitting on the bench" who they have to work before he can. A good friend of ours has also been laid off. They may choose to keep her on but at a 20% pay cut, good news for a single mom, huh. The third is another friend of ours whose sister is most likely losing her job and will be moving in with him. These in addition to the news this morning that Monaco Coach has laid off another 2,000 workers. I do wonder how much worse it is going to get before things get better. I read a news story this past week that there are 9,000 foreclosures being filed a day. That number still floors me. That's not just foreclosures to me that is 9,000 families a day who are going to have no place to live. It's all just heartbreaking.

No comments: