Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This Journey is My Own

As I was on the treadmill this morning listening to my Ipod, a song by Sara Groves came on. It's title, This Journey is My Own. Kind of like my walk with Jesus, this is my journey. One I have to be responsible for, no one else can do it. No one else can answer for me. I can take people alongside of me but when it comes down to it, it only matters that I choose to make the right choices. In my walk with Jesus the right choices are ones that bring me closer to Him and ones that honor Him with what He has asked of my life. This can be difficult. I have found doing the right thing is rarely easy however it is always worth doing. As far as my 500 mile journey, the right choice is to get on the treadmill. I know this is a journey that Jesus and I are taking together. I pray that I keep on it, I know He will.

To date I have walked 90.36 miles; 409.64 miles to go! I will be back at the gym later today to walk at least 2 more miles...just me and Jesus.

1 comment:

Corey Mann said...

Karen,
Been there and done that! Great job! The walk becomes so much more than "the walk".

Rooting for you from the sidelines!