Sunday, February 7, 2010

Something New Within Me

There are a lot of changes happening on the outside but there are also huge changes happening within. I went to a candle party the other night and saw someone I hadn't seen in awhile. She said she didn't recognize me. What? I have lost weight but really? I haven't lost that much yet, I don't think anyway. She asked me questions like what made you decide to do this and how are you doing it. I gave a response to how and so far as what, I didn't. I just let her impose words in that part of the response. It's been a process of different steps to have come to this point. Different things have "inspired" me and honestly I am not ready to share those as of yet, maybe someday.

I have heard from numerous people lately how proud they are of me, which is nice, really nice. It's encouraging and who doesn't need encouragement from time to time. BUT here is the something new within me, it isn't necessary. Before it would have been far to important for people to notice and say wonderful things. This time, not so much. It really is irrelevant if people say something. It's different this time, I'm different. I know that this is God inspired and God led. His approval is the only one needed, as should be in all things. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the compliments but this time, I can do it without them. They don't define my success, I do.

1 comment:

David M said...

I like this. I know I personally struggle with needing compliments at time, especially with the band, because I feel like I may not be doing well enough, etc. But if the Lord is happy with us and approves of what we're doing, that's the only thing we DO need. Thanks, I actually needed this a LOT. I'm going to write a response to your comment here in a minute, but don't worry, I'm not mad. I appreciated everything. :)