Thursday, July 17, 2008

Toilet Seats

I decided it was time for a new toilet seat. Went to Wal-Mart, looked at the array of choices of new toilet seats. As I was trying to figure out the difference between a $5.00 and $18.00 toilet seat I decided that really there was no difference and if there happened to be a difference in quality then I could buy 3 five dollar toilet seats to one eighteen dollar toilet seat. Made sense in my head. I brought home my five dollar toilet seat and soon discovered the difference. The difference lies in the installation. After removing the old seat, by the way....ewwwe, I proceeded to tried to install the new one. Tried is the key word. As I attempted to tighten the plastic screws I sucessfully tore up the plastic screws. Hilary tried to help. Two of us ALMOST got one on. Seeing that there was little plastic left on the head of the screw it dawned on me that we would never get it back off and when you remove the used toilet seat, it isn't nearly as nice as when you put it on. So I gathered up the chewed up screws took back the five dollar toilet seat and purchased the eighteen dollar one. Got home, installed it in less than 2 minutes. The difference: 5 dollars, 15-20 minutes of frustration in an unsuccessful installation, another trip to Wal-Mart (more time, more gas). 18 dollars, one trip, 2 minutes installation time. Well worth the 13 dollar difference. Who knew.

No comments: